Pages

Monday, October 16, 2017

Monday Made


My friend LaVonne has been here in Oregon for over a week and has to return to Montana tomorrow. She splits her visit between me and her daughter. She brings some of her dolls on these annual trips and we often have some dolly fun with them. I decided to make her Hitty and my Hitty a new fall dress. Here they are in the tea room with their new frocks. Hitty of MT is also wearing her cute shawl which Hitty Autumn was really admiring!


I ordered a pattern on Ebay by a Tasha Tudor friend who is on my Take Peace FB page. It is tiny, as Hitty is only about 6 1/2" tall. I am trying to learn how to be successful with doll clothes making.


Setting in little sleeves is quite a challenge.


Here's my Hitty showing off the newly made clothes. I really like the little tucks in the skirt.


An orange ribbon just made the dresses ready for fall.


Here are the girls having a little tea. I also made the little quilt on the quilt rack.


Hitty Autumn with her tiny Hitty from the UFDC conference last year. LaVoone and I took a class and had to make the tiny dresses.


This is LaVonne's Hitty with her little tiny doll. Gosh we had a great time. 

7 comments:

The Victorian Girl said...

Those little dresses are just precious! My, those are TINY sleeves! You mentioned your "tea room" and I would love to see some pics of it. How about it? Pretty please!
Susan K.

mamasmercantile said...

They are adorable I can imagine the fun you must have had together. What a joy.

Bernideen said...

I love your passion for dolls! Lovely!

Szara Sowa said...

Little dolls are charming and you made so beautiful dresses for them. The tucks are so sweet. I always admire your exceptional dolls. Have a nice week.

KimM said...

What a sweet post! I love the little dolls and their new frocks. Well done!
xxx

Jane said...

Such fun! :)

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh my goodness! Those dresses are adorable. I can remember my grandmother making me doll dresses. I have made some little outfits over the years for my grandgirls dolls but oh those little doll clothes are so tedious to me make. Love the dresses. Hugs and blessings, Cindy